Friday, August 01, 2014

Hakab Na 2014

The Breastfeeding Pinays Group in Facebook has been a great help to me to exclusively breastfeed Josefina. As soon as I learned that I was pregnant, I found myself reading all posts and browsing through all the albums of the then 1,000members of BFP. Then I decided, yes I want to exclusively breastfeed Josefina. No water, no formula, just me for the first 6 months of her life.

Now the group has grown into a membership of 25,000 and I am just so excited to see my online mommy friends in the flesh.

In celebration of the National Breastfeeding Awareness Month this August,  tomorrow we will have a half day breastfeeding themed event called Hakab Na 2014. This will be held simultaneously in Manila, Cebu, Davao, Bacolod and Iloilo on August, 2, 2014 (Saturday) at 9:00 am.

Tomorrow I will be with my momma-cow friends in Philippine Army Officers Clubhouse in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City.

Other locations will be in Ayala Center Cebu Active Zone in Cebu City (hosted by the Cebu Breastfeeding Club), Stockbridge International School (formerly Tumble Tots) in Davao City (hosted by Breastfeeding Pinays – Davao), Santuario de la Salle, University of St. La Salle in Bacolod City (hosted by the Bacolod Mom and Baby Club and the Institute for Negros Development), Iloilo Provincial Capitol in Iloilo City (hosted by the Breastfeeding Ilonggas)

Excited for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment