Friday, July 11, 2014

How to Track Your Expenses

Time and time again I have been meaning to track our household expenses.

I always start on a January first, forget about it, then start February 1st. By Feb10th I feel its too much work. Or that I am taking too much time on it.

I am not always online, or I don't have my pen and paper with em everyday, or I simply tend to forget (or choose not to) log those receipts.

The only way for me to do this for one whole month is to get motivated. And in fact it is needed now more than ever since I simply do not have the luxury to spend beyond what is necessary.

I am starting this July, and I have three ways to write down everything:
1. a pen and a small piece of paper to write down what I can remember
2. a small envelop where I can keep receipts
3. an online google excel spreadsheet wherein I can type everything when I get a chance to get online

I am now on Day 11.
10 More Days then this is a good habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment